M100 Smart Glasses
The Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses is an Android-based wearable computer, enhanced with a wearable monocular display and computer, recording features and wireless connectivity capabilities designed for commercial, professional, and prosumer users. Its pre-installed apps can be used to record and playback still pictures and video, track timed events, manage your calendar, link to your phone and more. The M100 is compatible with thousands of existing Android apps and easy access to developer resources enables the creation of custom apps to suit virtually any need.
- Video Display: A 16:9 WQVGA full color display floats in or near your line of sight, providing an image visually equivalent to a 4 in. smartphone screen held at a typical 14 in. distance. Display arm adjustments, display tilt, and left or right eye mounting options enable you to position the M100 for maximum effectiveness and viewing comfort. A convenient display shield maximizes visibility in bright outdoor sunlight and the small display size minimizes the visual obstruction of the environment around you. Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses incorporate a compact White Pearl™ display module and ultra-low power driver IC, both provided by the Kopin Corporation.
- Wearable Mounting: Which is your dominant eye? A variety of frame mounting options are available, including safety glasses and sleek frames; both allow for left or right eye use. The image in the M100 display rotates automatically to accommodate either mounting option.
- Controls: How do you control apps and features with a wearable hands-free device? With Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses, we provide a variety of methods of control. Three control buttons on the M100 provide basic interface navigation capability, and the optional iOS and Android partner application allows for touch-based input and convenient access to settings. In addition, we support a suite of native and custom voice commands for navigation and application control, as well as gesture controls.
- Camera: The integrated camera on Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses is capable of capturing 5 megapixel still images and 1080p high-definition video. Video and image captures can be stored directly on the M100’s memory (expandable up to 32GB) or streamed live over the internet. Where privacy may be a concern, a video recording indicator light on the face of the M100 will inform those around you that video is being recorded, in accordance with accepted standards for video cameras around the world.
- Audio: Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses contain a single on-ear speaker, and dual microphones with noise cancellation for voice controls and recording. Included with every pair are ear cups which help channel the sound from the speaker into your ear, enhancing comfort and your ability to hear the audio in louder environments.
- Runtime: Battery life, or “runtime”, is an important consideration, especially in mission critical applications. Depending on usage, battery life of Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses can range from 1-3 hours. Included with every M100 is an external battery pack, which can extend runtime up to 5-6 hours when connected to the USB micro-B power connector.
- Display resolution: WQVGA Color display
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Field of view (Diagonal): 15 degrees, equivalent to 4 in. mobile device screen seen at 14 in
- Brightness: >2000 nits
- 24 bit color
- Left or right eye usable
- OMAP4460 at 1.2GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- Android ICS 4.04, API 15
- 4GB flash
- Lensless eyeglass frames (included)
- Over head
- Use with left or right eye
- Safety glasses
- Micro USB: control/power/upgrade
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
EXTERNAL FLASH SLOT
- Micro SD support up to 32 GB
- 4 control buttons
- Remote control app paired via Bluetooth (Available for iOS and Android)
- Supports customizable voice navigation
- Supports gesturing
- 3 DOF gesture engine (L/R,U/D,N/F)
- Ambient light
EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK
- 3800 mAh rechargeable battery
- Ultra-thin USB mini-B cable
- Powers & recharges M100
- Ultra-thin USB mini-B cable
- 115 x 58.6 x 10MM
- Increases run time up to 6.5 times over base M100
SUPPORTED HOST DEVICES SOFTWARE
- SDK available
INTEGRATED HEAD TRACKER
- 3-degree of freedom head tracking
- 3 axis gyro
- 3 axis accelerometer
- 3 axis mag/integrated compass
- 550 mAh rechargeable internal battery
- Up to 6 hours hands free (display off)
- 2 hours hands free + display
- 1 hour hands free + display + camera + high CPU loading
- Ear speaker
- Dual noise cancelling microphone
- 5 megapixel stills
- 1080p video
- 16:9 aspect ratio