On August 8th and 20th, 2019, Vuzix Blade smart glasses underwent OS updates 2.5 and 2.6, respectively. This improvement offers a wide array of exciting features that allow users to their phones in their pockets with increased regularity. The full list of changes are below.
Audio and Speech Recognition:
- Turning on your Blade has never been easier - simply say “Hello Vuzix” or “Hello Blade” and voila! Expect more ‘wake words’ in future updates.
- The Blade now recognizes Japanese voice commands. Ekisaitingu!
Amazon Alexa can now be woken with voice commands
New Speech Commands:
- “Hey Alexa” opens Amazon Alexa if the app is downloaded.
- “Hey Google” does the same with Google Assistant.
- “Get Assistant” directs users to their installed virtual assistant of choice, if more than one has been downloaded.
Camera App Advances:
- Now, users can automatically start a new recording - even after the 4GB file size is reached.
The Blade and it’s smartphone companion app are increasingly sophisticated and easy-to-use . Credit: Wearable Technologies
- Prepare for improved aspect ratio on apps that use full screen video playback.
- The Blade now supports LocationManager.GPS.PRC.
- Several minor location services issues have been resolved.
More from Update 2.6
- Webview has been updated to version 76.
- YouTube video playback is now supported in browsers available on the Vuzix app store.
- A speech SDK update now allows developers to add their own Speech Recognition trigger words.
- An option has been added to turn off sleep in the display timeout settings.
Additionally, security patches were applied in keeping with the latest Android Bulletin.