- All (101 Posts)
- AR Smart Glasses (39 Posts)
- Assistants (2 Posts)
- Automotive AR (2 Posts)
- Homemaking (1 Posts)
- Maps & Navigation (2 Posts)
- Recreation AR (16 Posts)
- Remote Assist (1 Posts)
- Remote Education (5 Posts)
- Remote Health (13 Posts)
- Security (3 Posts)
- Sports AR (9 Posts)
- Updates & Improvements (3 Posts)
- Warehouse & Construction (5 Posts)
Future Friday: Running with Smart Glasses a Jogger’s Dream
Everyone's running buddy of the future
For many runners, it’s all about that time. Reaching and surpassing one’s personal best (in style) is important. In the data age, smart glasses could become the running community’s favorite accessory.
This should come as no surprise. Apps like Strava and Runkeeper have gained immense popularity in recent years.
People love tracking their time and sharing it with a community of users.
Shave a few seconds off your personal best
Many credit new personal bests and lifestyle overhauls to these apps. However, lugging around a smartphone to gather stats isn’t ideal.
For the following reasons, smart glasses could be your favorite running mate:
- Eyes on the prize: Display that runtime in the corner of your eye. Customize how prominent you want it displayed in settings.
- On-call navigation: Trying out a new route? Summon your map mid-run with voice commands.
- Own the leaderboard: Need some extra motivation? Display the best times in your community for local routes.
- Hands-free photography: Take pictures of your run with your voice. Simply direct your gaze at points-of-interest and give the command. Share these images with the running community.
- Heart-rate monitor: Summon your BPM at any time during your run.
- Lighter than your phone: Unlike bulky, intrusive smartphones, feel free to give 100% to your run.
Smart glasses and augmented reality (AR) are expected to become mainstream in the 2020s.
The global pandemic likely sped up this timeline, as both individuals and businesses navigate the new normal. Innovation is paramount.
For those unable to meetup with Monday night running groups, running apps become more important. Virtual runs keep us connected.
Soon, there’ll be no need to lug that smartphone along. Smart glasses bring a hands-free element to an activity that demands everything you’ve got.
A Disclaimer Note from the Author: On Fridays we often let our imagination run wild at Vuzix. With our ‘Future Friday’ segment, we explore the endless possibilities offered by smart glasses. We encourage you to provide your feedback as your input will help us make these dreams a reality.
“Vuzix” is a registered trademarks of Vuzix Corporation